Top 10 Healthy Eating Habits for Losing Weight
In a nutshell, a healthy diet involves:
(1) More home-cooked food, less eating out.
(2) More fresh fruit as snacks.
(3) More fresh vegetables as snacks and with meals.
(4) More beans as sides or in stews.
(5) More dense chewy bread, less refined white breads and bread snacks.
(6) More fish, skinless chicken/turkey, less red meat.
(7) Smaller servings of red meat, larger servings of vegetables.
(8) Eating low fat dairy foods.
(9) Adding less fat in the form of butter, mayo, sour cream, to the food on your plate. This is a huge source of excessive calories.
(10) Stocking up with healthy snack foods to keep hunger at bay. If you fill up with healthy nutritious calories, you won't want the junk foods that hunger makes you eat.
As far as weight management goes, hunger remains Public Enemy Number One.
Attend one of my Sustainable Weight Loss webinars. Get your tickets --> CLICK HERE
Madelaine is a graduate of Bachelor of Science in Nutrition and Dietetics at Universidad de Santa Isabel with a Master Certification in Health Coaching at Dr. Sears Wellness Institute. She is also a National Board Certified Health and Wellness Coach with the National Board for Health and Wellness Coaching, a Certified Quiet the Noise Group Coach with Elias Institute of Professional Coaching and an Epilepsy Advocacy Champion with Epilepsy Foundation. In her spare time, she enjoys listening to music, dancing and reading oracle or tarot cards.