10 Small Steps to Improve Your Health
Many of us make health-related resolutions, such as to lose weight, stop smoking or join the neighborhood health club. While it is common to set high goals, experts say that setting smaller goals could do more for our health.
"Small steps are achievable and are easier to fit into your daily routine," says James O. Hill, Ph.D., Director of the Center for Human Nutrition at the University of Colorado Health Sciences Center. "They are less overwhelming than a big, sudden change."
Here are 10 to try:
1. Keep an eye on your weight and work on making sure you are not gaining extra lbs. Even if you gain just a pound or two every year, the extra weight adds up quickly.
2. Take more small steps. Use a pedometer to count your daily steps; then add 2,000, the equivalent of one extra mile. Keep adding steps, 1,000 to 2,000 each month or so, until you take 10,000 steps on most days.
3. Eat breakfast. Breakfast eaters tend to weigh less and have better diets overall. For a filling and nutrition-packed breakfast, top Whole Grain Total® with fresh fruit slices and low-fat or fat-free milk.
4. Switch three grain servings each day to whole grain. If you're like the average American, you eat less than one whole grain serving a day.
5. Have at least one green salad every day. Eating a salad (with low-fat or fat-free dressing) is filling and may help you eat less during the meal. It also counts toward your five daily cups of vegetables and fruits.
6. Trim the fat. Fat has a lot of calories, and calories count. Purchase lean meats, eat poultry without the skin, switch to lower-fat cheeses, use a nonstick pan with only a dab of oil or butter.
7. Consider calcium by including two or three daily servings of low-fat or fat-free milk or yogurt. Dairy calcium is good for bones and may also help you lose weight.
8. Downsize. The smaller the bag, bottle or bowl, the less you will eat.
9. Lose just 5 to 10 percent of your current weight. The health benefits are huge-lower blood pressure, blood sugar, cholesterol and triglycerides.
10. Keep track of your eating. Write down what you eat over the next couple of days and look for problem spots. Often, just writing things down can help you eat less.
🌟 Join Our Webinar - Crush Cravings, Shed Pounds, and Break Free from Weight Loss Plateaus! 🌟
Thank you for taking the time to read our blog post on 10 small steps to enhance your health and well-being! We hope you found the tips valuable and actionable.
To further empower you on your health journey, we're excited to invite you to our upcoming webinar, "Crush Cravings, Shed Pounds, and Break Free from Weight Loss Plateaus." In this informative session, we'll delve into effective strategies to overcome cravings, achieve sustainable weight loss, and conquer those stubborn weight loss plateaus that can hinder progress.
Don't miss this opportunity to gain valuable insights and discover the keys to long-lasting health transformations.
Secure your spot now by visiting the Eventbrite registration page: Join the Webinar
Let's embark on this journey together towards a healthier and happier you! 🌱💪🎉
🌟 Discover the Power of Intra and Fibrelife Supplements - Your Path to Optimal Health! 🌟
Are you ready to embrace a healthier lifestyle and unlock the potential for a better you? As a health and wellness coach, I'm thrilled to introduce you to two phenomenal supplements by Lifestyles - Intra and FibreLife!
Intra is a unique blend of 23 ancient botanical extracts carefully crafted to harmonize the eight biological systems in your body. This powerful combination supports overall health, increases energy levels, and promotes vitality, helping you conquer your daily tasks with enthusiasm.
Fibrelife, on the other hand, offers a fiber blend infused with the goodness of cinnamon extract. This dynamic duo presents a game-changing approach to your health journey! The benefits of Fibrelife are threefold - A for Appetite control, B for Blood sugar regulation, and C for Cholesterol reduction. This holistic approach not only aids in weight loss but also reduces the risk of heart and cardiovascular diseases.
Why wait to embark on your wellness journey when you can take the first step today?
Experience the magic of Intra and Fibrelife supplements and witness the transformation they bring to your life. Visit Lifestyles here to explore these incredible products and embrace a new chapter of well-being.
Join us on this path to optimal health and well-being. Let's work together to create a better, healthier future for you! 🌱💚🌞
Madelaine is a graduate of Bachelor of Science in Nutrition and Dietetics at Universidad de Santa Isabel with a Master Certification in Health Coaching at Dr. Sears Wellness Institute. She is also a National Board Certified-Health and Wellness Coach with the National Board for Health and Wellness Coaching, a Certified Quiet the Noise Group Coach with Elias Institute of Professional Coaching, a PACES facilitator, a Seizure First Aid Trainer, a trained HOBSCOTCH Memory Coach and brain health professional. In her spare time, she enjoys listening to music, dancing and reading oracle or tarot cards.